Tuesday, March 26, 2013

JDS Insights: January 2013


Yeah. January. Well.

I think there's only one post that can sum up that month...and that's Live Shit Binge and Purge.

So yeah - more death in January. Hah - that sounds like a good name for a band.

January is always the whole looking back, looking forward thing. But sometimes life has a way of taking over; imposing itself on you with such a big event that the perspective on everything shifts. That's why this is being written in March...I think...or maybe there's another reason?

Anyway, that's what happened.

The Great Cosmic Joke.

Apart from that, mock exams were marked, school structures changed and it got cold.*
---
Jan 01: Every moment is an opportunity to start again. Jan 02: Everything renews itself. Jan 03: The good news: it's one big circle. The bad news: it's one big circle. Jan 04: I have good ideas all the time. The problem is collection and implementation. Jan 05: What I look like is not who I am. It's just a refraction. Jan 06: What I look like either fits with my self or not. Jan 07: When there is consistency between what I look like and my self, there's a foundation for power. Jan 07: Owning my appearance gives me limited freedom to create who I am. Jan 08: Owning my self gives me deep freedom to create who I am. Jan 09: Clothes can either hide, enhance or deceive. Consciously choosing which one is mastery. Jan 10: Just because it worked out today, doesn't mean it will tomorrow. Jan 11: Just because it didn't work out today, doesn't mean it will tomorrow. Jan 12: Either way it all works out. Jan 13: Think about tomorrow but remember today is where it all happens. Jan 14: If someone else is defensive towards me, it doesn't mean it's about me. Jan 15: Mostly, other people's behaviour is a reflection of them. Jan 16: If someone knows more than you, listen to what they tell you and then do it. Jan 17: You never really know the impact someone has on your life until they're gone. Jan 18: When something reminds you of someone, that's the person's spirit saying hey. Jan 19: It's difficult to know how something affects you if you don't communicate. Jan 20: Letting go is always a choice. Jan 21: I keep the memories I want and let go of the ones I don't. Jan 22: It takes something outrageous to shock us out of our daily stupor. Jan 23: Making the most of each moment is a cliché. Outrageous behaviour keeps us alive. Jan 24: Daily stupor is a result of thinking I know everything. Jan 25: Daily stupor is a result of thinking I know nothing. Jan 26: Interruptions have a purpose. We just have to discover what it is. Jan 27: Interruptions happen on different levels. The deeper the level, the more profound the change. Jan 28: A real challenge: appreciate the consequences of our daily actions. Jan 29: The real challenge is not to appreciate the obvious people in your life, but the ones whose impact is slightly under our radar. Jan 30: Appreciate everything: every little thing. Jan 31: Everyone is missed by someone.
---
*mine