Saturday, May 16, 2009

Having a Blog...

...allows me to express myself.

I give free rein to my opinions, thoughts, aspirations and creativity.

I use my blog to comment on everything I experience, and it's interesting that I've felt the need to qualify and analyse my own writing,

The 25 Things I Don't Want To Know About You and its sister post 25 Things About Me are me expressing the way social networking is making a misnomer of real friendship and humanity.

It's also a comment on the effects of technology.

I do think the internet is a wonderful thing, as is technology in general, but the addiction to hyper-reality sucks us away from just hanging around people. Technology has the ability to lift us up, but as a few sci-fi authors have hinted - our technological development is outstripping our spiritual development. It's been suggested that this disparity is causing a lot of our global problems.

Just because we can, doesn't mean we have to.

Perhaps Ben in Spider-Man said it best: "With great power comes great responsibility".

Or maybe Austin Powers: "Right now we've got freedom and responsibility. It's a very groovy time".

Oh, and please note: my original 25 Things About Me post contained only one fact about me...

SUCKERS!

It highlighted pretty quickly how well people knew me and my sense of humour...

PS. I'm writing a pretty much a post a week...so flip through the archives and there's a fair few bits and pieces - not all so umm...angry!

PPS Reply to the original 25 Things About Me post and guess which one is true...and spot the other deliberate mistakes...