Friday, August 11, 2006

Underachiever

Generally, being self-absorbed is not a good thing.

Getting told that I'm self-absorbed by various important people who 'know me best' is not nice.

I guess one has to be pretty self-absorbed to have a blog on the internet (but at the end of it all, it depends on one's intention and purpose...)

On the one hand, I'm struggling with establishing my own life, ideas, purpose, space, etc. On the other hand, I've got to acknowledge the support of those around me. Being lucky enough to have parents that will support me all the way is a privilege I can take for granted.

No-one likes to be taken for granted.

It's something I do quite easily...friends, family, my body - all taken for granted.

Me? Selfish? I guess so.

Stop whining, think of others and get on with it.

J.

PS This post was brought to you by the band Pitchshifter