Sunday, February 05, 2006

It Could Be Sweet

Well it's that kind of dead time on a Sunday evening...we've just had lots of aunties over...nice family atmosphere.

I have to say I was a little nervous about them coming over - just in case they were critical or something...but not at all. It's all making me realise how nice it is to have our own space - to keep clean and manage.

It's also reminded me how hard it can be to get that space in London. Being in a relationship has meant we've got something to create together. I wouldn't have been able to do it all on my own - however much I might have liked to.

I still also have that Sunday evening feeling - a little tense, it's the end of the weekend, it was all over too quickly, and there's lots of things I feel I should have done, and haven't...not massively productive.

It's been a pretty intense week. Parents' Evening for Year 11 was full-on, but funny...at one point two of my boys were feeling very awkward as I told parents about seeing them outside school. Both boys were visibly relieved that I deliberately didn't mention seeing them smoking...
ahh what power I have!

I've also been feeling a bit under the weather...a cold doesn't have to be very strong to affect me - especially being around a lot of germ-carriers...I'm sure teachers' immune systems must get strongly affected - or maybe it was all the shouting I've been doing ;-)

Still - this weird state of mind is helped by my Pilates...it actually does work, but it takes a lot of perseverance, and concentration.

Hmm...ok more marking beckons...

J.