Tuesday, January 03, 2006

State Of The World Address


Well the hair had to come off at some point - it was getting too big...I'm glad I did it...feels much easier to manage - although I think I'm beginning to lose my hair...

New Year and all that has made me think about a lot of things...like the fact I'm turning 30 this year...

...and I still get told I look about 22...

Looking young is not such a bad thing I guess...it's worse for my sis - who at 27 gets asked for ID before going into a club she's been a regular at for over 5 years...hahahaha...

I've been thinking a lot about music and stuff too...am I getting too old to be dressing how I dress and listen to the music I listen to? I bought two albums over the Christmas period...and they're both excellent...people who know me, know that I love System of a Down, but I've recently discovered a rather excellent young metal band called Trivium.

I'd seen their big song on a few music channels...and it's wormed its way into my head - delightful title too: "Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr"...

All this has made me think...am I getting older, or is it just the music scene in general? I mean I used to go out and have the time of my life at our local 'metal' pub...but it doesn't seem to be as good as it was.

Even the club my sis and I used to go and regularly dance all night - has gone shit (there really is no other way of saying it). Maybe I'm stuck in a 90s timewarp and getting nostalgic over the 'real age of music'...whatever it is - the state of the world address is bad.

I need to go out for a good night of metal...

J.