Sunday, November 06, 2005

I Love My Treo 650

OK...so this post is about my phone...I know it's been a few days since I've posted...

I'm working on updating my template so it's a bit more interesting...

Well I have an amazing phone...it's the one I've been waiting for, for ages!

The background is - I used a filofax, then I got a mobile phone...then I got a palm PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) - and for a while I used them both...

Then one day (this must have been about 3-4 years ago now...) I was walking through Waterlook station, and I saw demo of this palm-os gadget...with a mobile phone included. It was a little thing called a Treo...and so began my love affair...

It was perfect...but it was ages before I saw one I could afford on ebay...

Soooooooooooo...about a year ago - I changed networks to Orange...and got a Treo 600...

That was a real breakthrough - a smartphone with palm-os...ohmygod...it's been my companion for a year...

...and now...

I have the treo 650...free on an upgrade...TOTALLY COOL!

Similar style to the 600 but with a hugely better screen and bluetooth (my fiancee and I bluetooth each other pics)...and after a bit more hunting around online, and my own customisation - I do have the perfect smartphone...

To me it's the best converged device out there:
- diary
- to do list
- phone
- text
- email
- mp3 player
- word/ excel/ powerpoint
- games
- photo albums
- instant messaging
- portable dvds


Utter class...

I'm totally happy with it...

One little story - I'm in the UK, and my sister was in NYC last week. She really wanted to speak with me 'cos she was dealing with some stuff. I'd had an email, and a message to call her, but I was out on a Friday night...

...I tried calling her on her mobile, but it was going to voicemail...

So I used my treo to access an instant messaging programme I have.

And she was online! I was able to have a conversation with her over MSN, and sort her out - she just needed to know I was there for her.

All on a Friday night...modern technology is amazing...

Although I fully acknowledge that this isn't everyone's cup of tea...I love my treo 650...

J.

PS The pics in my last post were taken with my Treo...