Monday, November 14, 2005

Emergency!

It's all go...

Having our own house brings with it a whole new set of problems.

I mean the whole cooking thing has been written about already on this blog...but the other stuff: DIY, maintenance all that...it's all new to me...

Well not quite - I had to deal with some of it when I lived in a student house - our toilet blocked once and we had to call out the plumbers. For us now it's landed us in hot water...

...actually cold water...'cos that's all we had.

We both wanted to have a shower last night but had no hot water...we thought nothing of it and went to sleep hoping it would be sorted for today...I woke up early and...yay...no hot water!

Now I felt it would have been easy to panic and get annoyed and all that kind of stuff, but having living with someone in my own place means behaving like that is no longer an option. So this evening we called a plumber - from the wonderful yell.com ...I had to put my Monday evening on hold to be around while the guy arrived.

He was a really nice guy. Found the problem and will be able to sort it out tomorrow evening.

I think it's all part of the learning curve.

I keep thinking to myself: I'm wonder how my parents dealt with a similar problem? I'm sure they had to.

It's all good.

J.